For lack of any other pictures to put on our blog, here's a picture of our new truck. It's a little 4 cylinder that Mr. N will use as a commuter car.
Today marks 39 weeks. Its weird to think that at this point gestation wise I was 7-ish hours away from giving birth to M, and about 24 hours away from giving birth to L. This pregnancy has been kinder to me than the previous two. I actually felt much more "done" being pregnant at 14 weeks when I was still so sick and have bronchitis on top of that. I thought I was on the brink of death then. Once the bronchitis cleared up, so did the extreme nausea and I've been much healthier than I've ever been during pregnancy. I still have to take zofran every day or I get really sick, but as long as I keep that up I feel relatively normal. What a blessing! I also haven't gotten quite as huge as with the other pregnancies, which is really nice. I attribute that to running for a couple years before this pregnancy...but who knows. I also don't have GD this time or high blood pressure...which makes a huge difference. The 3rd time really is a charm I guess.
I do feel like there is a TON more baby in my belly than there ever has been before. It could be how she's positioned - she always has her back and rear pressed against my belly - but I'm betting that she's just going to be a bigger baby. Our little M was 5 lbs 14 oz at exactly 39 weeks gestation and L was 6 lbs 10 oz at 39 weeks 1 day gestation. I'm betting this little one will be somewhere in the 8's, because she won't be as early (unless by some miracle I do go into labor before 40 weeks) and she's also the 3rd. It's gotten a lot harder to move around when I'm laying down because I feel like I have an anvil strapped to my torso that I have to swing around whenever I need/want to move. I really don't have any trouble breathing...she rides pretty low. Usually her rear is sticking out a couple inches above my belly button (which remains inward. My belly button has never popped out). Occasionally she floats or pushes upwards and wreaks havoc on my ribs, but overall she's not so bad. She also sleeps at night, which is a huge blessing. Hopefully that continues after she is born.
I have taken measures to try to encourage this little one to find her way out, but so far it hasn't been to much avail. I went on a very vigorous walk last night, which felt like it made the biggest difference. I plan on doing so again tonight, and the next night, and the next. Honestly the exercise feels great! Her coming on a weekend would be ideal because of Mr. N's school schedule...therefore she'll probably come on a Monday or Tuesday. I don't want to induce this baby, unless it becomes medically necessary. I really want to know what its like to go into labor on my own. Hopefully doing so will also make labor a bit more manageable.
We don't know what we're going to name this baby...only that we will name her. I have a hard time naming a baby I haven't seen, I really don't like people to call my in-utero baby by name (i.e. how's baby Gertrude). It's just weird to me. I was pretty sure of L's name before she was born, but she's been the only one. This one is proving tricky. I'm getting excited to actually meet her, it's just weird to think I'll be giving birth within a few weeks because I just don't feel that overwhelmingly "done!" feeling. Granted I am tired of being pregnant and anxious to be able to do things with a normal body, but I just don't feel like I'm to a breaking point. Maybe it will come, maybe it won't. Either way our family is about to grow!
Here's a picture of the little house we're living in. It's okay. Not somewhere I'd like to settle down, but not a bad little house either.

1 comment:
I'm excited to see what you do end up naming her. I knew for sure that my little gal was a Charlotte when she was still inside of me. There was no doubt, so I started calling her the name. If she did come out and not look a thing like her name, i would have changed it. Luckily it fit her perfectly!
Good luck on the delivery! :)
Post a Comment