Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sleep in Heavenly Peace...


There's something about night time that I simply love. Night time and mornings are the sweetest times for me as a mother. It's a time for parting and reunions. I love watching my girls sleep. It's magical. I love night times because it means my sweet husband will be coming home to us. I love getting into bed to go to sleep myself. I love snuggling next to my husband in bed. I love getting the girls in the morning (except when they decide to wake up at like 6 am...) because it's always such a joyous reunion. M will run to me and say, "Mommy! I missed you!!!"




I love watching L sleep too. She is such a light sleeper. The smallest little noise will wake her up. She has to sleep with her Monkey blanket at night (pictured). She's so funny because often physical closeness is not enough for L. She has to be on top of the object of her affection (0r in this case have her blanket be on top of her). When we cuddle with her she will want to lay right on top of us too.



Here she is sleeping on top of her blanket. She'll use it as a pillow, have it on top of her, or wad it up in a ball and sleep with it stashed under her belly. It's so sweet to watch the peace of a child sleeping because peace isn't so common for us to find in the craziness of daytime!

3 comments:

Katie Rod said...

It is at night time (i.e. when Caleb is asleep) when I can reflect back and realize that, yes, I do have a fun little boy. I seem to forget that part during the day when he is acting, well, like a toddler. :)

Mrs. S said...

That's a really good way of putting it.

Nilla said...

Very cute!! Still can't get over how much L looks like M. Anyway, what M says in the morning when she comes running for you is so cute! That's the stuff that just melts the heart, isn't it ;)?

Where are you From???