Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Frosty FHE

A few Saturday's ago my dad was off of work, and in interest of being really quiet (we live in the upstairs part of the house and my parents live downstairs) we decided to sneak out of the house really early right after the girls woke up so they wouldn't wake him up. We left before breakfast so were all pretty hungry. We decided to go out for breakfast as a family, which isn't something we do often. While there we saw this dessert idea and thought it was something we could do at home and would be great for FHE (Family Home Evening...one night a week we have a family night with a spiritual lesson and gave/activity). The dessert was a snowman made out of ice cream that came with a variety of candy to decorate. So the following Monday night I made the ice cream snow man in advance and put him in the freezer to harden up. I put pretzel arms in him ahead of time.


The girls had a blast decorating. They did really well. We used a peanut butter cup as his hat and L kept eating the hat off his head. We went through 3 hats before we just gave up.



Eating the snow man was by far the best part for all involved. It was such a fun activity, and we all had a lot of fun together.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the great FHE idea! I love it. It looks like so much fun, but of course the best part has to be being able to eat it!

Katherine Ronachert said...

we're stealing it for next monday. and seriously, do your girls get cuter by the minute or what???

Megan said...

What a fun (and tasty) FHE idea! I can't wait to try this...the possibilities are endless:)

Randi said...

cute idea!

LJB said...

What a cute and fun idea! I love it! I've made balls out of ice cream, rolled them in a topping and then drizzled chocolate over them for an elegant dessert, but NEVER thought to make a snowman! I think I'm going to have to steal this idea for my kids--they'll love it!

Where are you From???