So, I think we officially have potty training down...but it's come at the expense of nap time. It's a two-edged sword. I kept M up from her nap for 2 days trying to catch her needing to poop...but man that girl is smart. She held it in and wouldn't go. At the end of the 2nd day we went swimming and whoops...she had an accident. I was so irritated because I'd been trying to catch her in the act for 2 days. Oh well.
The next day I had a new game plan: Little M in the buff. She ran around in the buff (or in a dress with no panties on) for 3 days, all the while "holding it in". My thinking was that if she didn't have a "barrier" (diaper, night-time diaper, panties) that she wouldn't know what to do. At the end of the 3rd day we had the missionaries over for dinner and M kept saying she needed to go potty, would sit, but wouldn't go. She did this about 3 times in a 5 minute period. Finally she squatted in the middle of the floor and I grabbed her and stuck her on the potty and she went!!! We made a huge deal out of it and she was scared, but liked the fact that she received so much praise. Since then she has been pooping on the potty. Yesterday she even went in there all by herself when Mr. N dozed off on the couch and I was downstairs and did her business! No promptings at all. She doesn't like anyone in there while she does her thing. "Leave me alone, leave me alone"! Which is fine by me. I know I like privacy too! So anyways, I think she's got it! I think her grandma's are getting tired of getting phone calls from M saying "I went stinkies on the potty"! too.
Mr. N swears it's because we bribe her with ice cream. In his words "Ice cream can do miracles. Ice cream can move mountains."
As for other news, I talked to a dear friend in Castle Dale today and she told me the funniest thing. I guess she had taken her 87 year old dad to buy new carpet for his house. They were looking at carpet samples and she asked him, "What color carpet do you want"? He responded,
"I need a color that if my cat throws up on it you can't see it."
Hilarious! So what color is that?

1 comment:
indiana jones and the last crusade
Post a Comment