Thursday, August 27, 2009

Any Suggestions?

I'm looking to read a really good book. I admit I really enjoy the Harry Potter and Twilight Series. I listen to the HP series all the time because I have them on my iPod and it's a great way to pass time while exercising. Music gets boring to me. I feel like I need to branch out on my book reading, but I don't want to waste my time on a lame book. I love a great book that I can't put down.
Any suggestions???

4 comments:

Nat said...

I don't know if you saw Mike's post last week, but I would definitely recommend the Uglies series. There are 4 of them and most people who like HP and Twilight like them, since they're another junior fiction series.

Other than that - have you tried any Philippa Gregory? The Other Boleyn Girl and such?

Lauren Davison said...

I just started the Fablehaven series. I really like it so far. Kirby has read the first two and really enjoyed the, too--hence, I have now started them. Easy read, fun, new world to get lost in...

skcoe said...

I LOVED Fablehaven AND the Uglies series! (Book 4 of the Uglies series was super dumb but I loved the first three, no need for Extras)

mel said...

I agree with the Uglies and Fablehaven. Loved both. I also liked The Lightning Thief series and I read the BEST book this summer, The Hunger Games. I think it is Suzanne Collins? I also read a series by Melissa Marr about fairies, can't remember what they were called though.

Where are you From???