Friday, September 27, 2013

Louie Turns 2!

 
 
Louie turned 2 last month!  I can't believe how quickly time is flying.  Last year when she turned 1 she technically wasn't a baby anymore...but she was still my baby.  This year there's no denying she's growing up into a little girl!  Louie loves trains...really anything that moves.  Balls, trains, cars, carriages, shopping carts, strollers...you get the idea.  Mr. N & I decided to venture out and try our first ever train cake.  With a boy on the way I doubt it will be our last...but it was still fun to do. 
 
 
We celebrated Louie's birthday with friends who had a daughter born the day before Louie.  They actually should have been born the same day...but I didn't want to go into the hospital to get the baby checked because I knew this friend was in there having her baby and didn't want to steal her thunder.  Really silly I know.  At the time it made sense.  I'm just glad Louie was kept safe by guardian angels & didn't get sick (there had been a pretty significant drop in her fetal movements over the weekend and as it turned out she had had a bowel movement inutero).
 
 
Oh the goodness of all that cake!
 
 
Excuse the crazy hair.  Her hair usually looks like that.  She is getting better at leaving it in...but still.  Most of the time she looks like a wild woman.
 
 
Not the best pictures I know...Louie got a bitty baby for her birthday...
 
 
And our all time favorite, most looked forward to gift: her own handmade Raggedy Ann from her Grandma E!  Again...I didn't get a great picture.
 
 
Grandma hand stitches the name on the bum of the doll.  There we are looking at it!  It was a really fun little birthday party.  The two little girls had a blast and really enjoyed being the center of all the fun.  I just can't believe how fast time is flying!  Soon we will be welcoming another one into our brood.  Crazy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No, she can't be 2! That means Aftyn is almost 2! Funny about you not wanting to steal your friends thunder. So generous of you. ;) I love the train cake. So cute that Louie likes all moving things.

Marisa Jean said...

Stop it! That cake is to die for! I wish you limped closer to me so I could hire your abilities out. Your use of ice cream cones is GENIUS! Your little baby girl is so darling! Happy Birthday other (and your story about not going to get checked is unreal to me. You are a really nice person! When I'm in labor, it's all about me!).

Where are you From???