| Neal was being goofy as he was taking this picture so I look a little dumb...Anyways, me at 38 weeks. |
This evening
we went to the park so the girls could play while dad watched them and I could
lug my big pregnant self up and down the stairs and hills at the park. Everyone
probably knew the purpose of all my walking...encouraging this little one to
make his way on his own towards the exit. I've been induced 3 times and was
told I would be induced again. Today I went to the doctor and I've actually
progressed far enough on my own that my doctor thinks I won't need to be
induced. I'm pretty excited about that and anxious to "help things
progress". Mr. N is nervous though. Since I only dilate to a 5 before the
baby comes flying out he's nervous that if I go too quick he'll have to deliver
the baby or something. :) I seriously doubt that, but still it's kind of
entertaining to watch him process those doubts.
Anyways, as
I was walking I was watching these teenage boys skateboarding. They were
attempting these jumps off the pavilion...and I think they were then trying to
slide on their skateboards down the handrail. Really all they were doing was
crash landing spectacularly on the grass behind the pavilion.
All I could think as
I watched this is what different creatures boys are than girls…and that we were
about to bring a little man-child into this world. As I thought about that and watched these two
teens almost breaking their necks in pursuit of fun, I found myself thinking
that I was really grateful this baby was going to come small so we could grow
through these experiences together instead of having to deal with situations
like this right away. I don’t think I
could do that and keep my sanity.
These last few weeks
are kind of tough because of all the conflicting emotions I feel. For one I feel better at the end than I do
throughout my entire pregnancy because the sickness lets up. But I still don’t feel like myself and really
look forward to feeling like me again.
But on the other hand, I can sleep on my own terms right now and pretty
much know what to expect day to day from my family (pretty much being the key
word. We have LOTS of fun unexpected
things come up that I never imagined I’d have to deal with!). Plus, newborns are demanding...I know
that. They are easier to take care of
inside. I look forward to not having this huge belly
proceed me everywhere I go…and to being able to sit up in bed at night without Herculean
effort. Yet I am excited to meet this
newest member of our family. There is
nothing quite like the sweet spirit a newborn brings to the family…and the
smell! It’s to die for. Either way, time will pass and he will be
with us soon enough. Now if only we
could decide on a name!

1 comment:
Just remember that newborns are easier to take care of than 8 year olds... and 8 year olds are easier to take care of than teenagers... :)
hooray for little boys!!!
Post a Comment