***Sorry I've been an emotional wreck with this pregnancy...and I can see that's leaked out in this post. I don't mean to be so negative...life really is good for us! Times just get tough and for me I feel like things have been snowballing a bit and this post reflects that. Probably as soon as I get this published the mood will pass and I'll be my normal chipper self....***
Georgia is HOT. And Muggy. And our A/C doesn't work that great. And we're still on a student budget so we can't afford to run the A/C the way I'd like...you know...at 60 degrees 24/7. Actually I'd probably run it lower if it was possible. Oh well. The A/C in our car doesn't function that well either. It works GREAT on the highway...but with the in town stop-and-go driving it doesn't blow incredibly cold. I guess that's what you might expect from a car that's almost 20 years old. And speaking of that car...its my constant reminder of how prideful I am. I don't like driving it. I know its a blessing...I mean it was free! But its embarassing. Its also my reminder that the Lord does answer prayers...but not always in the way we hope or might expect. For instance, when our Camry was totaled the answer to my prayers (in the way I hoped) would be a relatively new Honda Odyssey...but it came in the form of a free 93 Caprice Station Wagon with a good engine and working A/C and heat. That is a blessing. I'm just prideful. It rankles a bit to have people say to you, "Wow, I haven't seen a car like that in..." Oh well. Prideful. I admit it. It is a blessing to not have a car payment though.
I like spending time at the Library, mall, shopping...you know...those places that have REALLY good air conditioning. Oh, and the pool. Trouble is here you have to buy a summer pool pass and they're like $300 (at one place we can get it half off, but that's still $150). And lets face it...the baby's coming in a little over a month, so I can't see spending that money for a month of use. As much as I want to.... Next summer. I hope we can next summer. Right now we tag along with a friend, but there's only so much you can abuse that. I limit myself to once a week.
Georgia is HOT. And Muggy. And our A/C doesn't work that great. And we're still on a student budget so we can't afford to run the A/C the way I'd like...you know...at 60 degrees 24/7. Actually I'd probably run it lower if it was possible. Oh well. The A/C in our car doesn't function that well either. It works GREAT on the highway...but with the in town stop-and-go driving it doesn't blow incredibly cold. I guess that's what you might expect from a car that's almost 20 years old. And speaking of that car...its my constant reminder of how prideful I am. I don't like driving it. I know its a blessing...I mean it was free! But its embarassing. Its also my reminder that the Lord does answer prayers...but not always in the way we hope or might expect. For instance, when our Camry was totaled the answer to my prayers (in the way I hoped) would be a relatively new Honda Odyssey...but it came in the form of a free 93 Caprice Station Wagon with a good engine and working A/C and heat. That is a blessing. I'm just prideful. It rankles a bit to have people say to you, "Wow, I haven't seen a car like that in..." Oh well. Prideful. I admit it. It is a blessing to not have a car payment though.
I like spending time at the Library, mall, shopping...you know...those places that have REALLY good air conditioning. Oh, and the pool. Trouble is here you have to buy a summer pool pass and they're like $300 (at one place we can get it half off, but that's still $150). And lets face it...the baby's coming in a little over a month, so I can't see spending that money for a month of use. As much as I want to.... Next summer. I hope we can next summer. Right now we tag along with a friend, but there's only so much you can abuse that. I limit myself to once a week.
Mr. N is out of town right now. His brother got married this past weekend so he flew home for the occasion. I was really excited for him to be able to go home for the first time in...3 years. When he actually left though, it hit me again how selfish I can be. I was really jealous that we were being left behind. Granted, I am in no way in any condition to fly, and we really didn't want to test the longevity of our car by driving from GA to Vegas and back again. Plus, even if I could fly, 4 tickets to Vegas is still a bit out of our budget! :) It's just hard to know the whole familys together and to still be here. I love family get-togethers. I wish I was there instead of here in the heat with the children. Plus, Mr. N will get home and be here for just under a week, then he has to go to NJ for another week or so. I want to tag along on that one, but unfortunately we have someone coming to visit who already bought their ticket...and the day they leave is the day Mr. N needs to be in NJ...so the girls and I won't be able to go. Poor planning on my part.
Yesterday after church M ran into a flower bed on our way to the car and started doing who knows what. I called her 3 times, and she ignored me. They like to do that kind of stuff...ignore Mom and Dad. It gets a bit irritating. Finally after I threatened her with the 4th call she came running over screaming. Come to find out while in the flower bed she happened upon a fire ant nest and didn't realize it. They were all over her...on her shoes, legs, up her dress. I couldn't strip her down in the parking lot because the asphalt was so HOT, so I had to put her in the car and take everything off of her as fast as I could. Poor girl...they were all over her...and I had to be sure to get them out of the car and off her and the clothes so we all didn't end up with bites. Luckily she didn't have any kind of reaction to them (swelling or too much itching). I'm hoping the next time I call her she'll come. Maybe the fire ant incident will hit home! I felt so bad for her though. Fire ants are the pits.
Yesterday after church M ran into a flower bed on our way to the car and started doing who knows what. I called her 3 times, and she ignored me. They like to do that kind of stuff...ignore Mom and Dad. It gets a bit irritating. Finally after I threatened her with the 4th call she came running over screaming. Come to find out while in the flower bed she happened upon a fire ant nest and didn't realize it. They were all over her...on her shoes, legs, up her dress. I couldn't strip her down in the parking lot because the asphalt was so HOT, so I had to put her in the car and take everything off of her as fast as I could. Poor girl...they were all over her...and I had to be sure to get them out of the car and off her and the clothes so we all didn't end up with bites. Luckily she didn't have any kind of reaction to them (swelling or too much itching). I'm hoping the next time I call her she'll come. Maybe the fire ant incident will hit home! I felt so bad for her though. Fire ants are the pits.

1 comment:
Man, rough going! And so late in pregnancy, too. Hang in there.
And that story about M is awful! Poor gal!
Post a Comment