The crib is set up! This baby got lucky. The crib bedding we had for the girls was in pretty sorry condition. Last summer I happened upon this crib set at a yard sale. The lady had 1 child and everything was in perfect condition. We got the whole thing for $20. At the time I wasn't really sure why I got it because I figured our next one would be a boy and we'd just store it until/if we had another girl. Needless to say it will come in handy. Actually, at this point I almost want to have all girls. We already have 3...why stop a good thing?
This crib was a gift from my dad. It was originally $500-$600. We got it for half that. Originally I thought we didn't need to get a good quality crib...any would work. This crib has been fantastic though. It's still sturdy as the day we got it. It has teeth marks all over the wood from both girls...and no doubt this little one will add her own marks! I need to get some Old English Oil and touch it up. Great crib though. Love it.
I bought these 2 at Target. I think we'll take the baby home in one of them. I'm leaning towards the grey. What do you think?

5 comments:
Oooh, PINK! I love it, so dainty and cute for a newborn girl!
Be careful with the oil; read about it. The stuff I have is toxic to children. :(
But that is a beautiful crib!
Yeah, I think that's why I've never touched up the wood before. I don't know if there is a baby safe way to improve it...other than rubbing a walnut on the parts of the wood that are scratched. Someone told me that works.
both cute, I like the grey too! :)
What a steal on that baby stuff! Man!
My vote is the pink one. Bright-colored anything is two thumbs up for me--especially after winter being so long and all the dark clothes that go with it.
Post a Comment