This little lady turned 3 years old today!
She wanted a "heart cake" for her birthday. I thought it was going to be a pretty easy cake, but it ended up being a beast getting the sprinkles on the sides.
I love the inside though. Its suppose to be a rainbow inside.
M was thrilled to be celebrating a birthday, even if it wasn't her own. Something about presents, cake and singing is just so magical to a child. It was so fun when we set up because we had L sit in her room while we set up. M was excited to help us. I peeked in at L while we were setting up and she was just sitting there with a huge grin on her face. It was so adorable!
And of course having balloons too is a must!
Self Portrait
We wanted her to have a party hat, but the ones at the store seemed so cheap. I made hers out of a brown paper bag (for support) covered in wrapping paper with curly ribbons on the top. I used red wrapping paper (strengthened with tape) for the fringe around the rim of the hat. It turned out really cute and didn't cost us anything...which is always a bonus.
She was so excited to open her presents...and even more excited to use the scissors we got her a month or so ago to cut through the ribbon.
Princess nail polish....very exciting. My toes are currently purple. L's fingers are pink. M's fingers are white sparkles and her toes are pink. :)
Two very happy sisters.

4 comments:
I just have to say, I love that hat!!! Great job. I will probably copy the idea and try to make my own too. So cute how L waited so happily.
Awesome cake! It looks way yummy!!
Three already! Wowza! Time flies!
By the way, that cake is to DIE for! Seriously, my mouth is drooling and I don't even like cake.
Birthdays are sooo.... fun, especially for children. I love the creativity of making your own hat, I never would have thought of that.
Post a Comment