Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Moving On


Someone really needs to update this blog, because I stink at it.  Life has been crazy here at the E house.  We are temporarily homeless.  :)  Everything we own was packed into our POD (pictured above).  It was actually really nice to have a POD.  We were able to pack at our leisure and take the time to make sure everything was packed thoroughly and space was used effectively.  We left NJ at the end of last week, which was good and sad at the same time.  It was hard to say goodbye to our family there, especially to my parents who have been so good to us for the past 3 years.  It was sad to watch the girls say goodbye too, mainly because we knew they didn't completely understand that they wouldn't see their Memaw and Pop-pop for a long time.  To them it was just another temporary goodbye.  


I know this is a gross photo, but I just think it's hilarious!  Mr. N hit this bird on his way home from work.  He got home and told me, "I hit a bird.  It's rear and legs are sticking out of the grill of the car."  I went to see, and sure enough.  The poor bird never saw it coming...or maybe he did... 


Instead of driving straight down to Georgia, we stopped in Virginia with Mr. N's sister and her family and his brother and his family.  We were just going to stay overnight, but we ended up staying for 2 days.  We were having a little bit too much fun!  The girls love playing with their cousins.  M was especially loving towards their dog.  We've lived with 2 dogs for the past 3 years, but they were bigger.  Max was a huge lab and Jersey a medium sized Greyhound mix (whatever kind of mix she is made her smaller).  Her cousins dog is TINY, and I think M was so fond of her because she seemed like a mix between a toy and baby.  All she wanted to do was hold the dog and carry her around.  Poor dog.  She's probably so glad we're gone!


Miss L.  She loves to wear her dress up clothes.  That's actually all she wants to wear.  Lucky for us we hit a nice garage sale about a month and got some really nice dress up clothes and old dance costumes for $5.


We got to play a lot of volley ball and badminton with our cousins.


Miss L collecting rocks.  In Virginia L saw a Daddy Long Legs for the first time.  We had them in NJ too, but for some reason she'd never noticed them before.  She does NOT like spiders, so she stayed clear.  The next day I was on the porch with her and she ran over to me saying, "Mommy, mommy, come look!  I want to show you something!"  I went with her and she pointed out a tiny daddy long legs.  I said, "Oh, is that a daddy long legs?" to which she replied, "No, it's a Baby long legs!"  It was so funny.

Yesterday we got up at the crack of dawn (3:30 am) and got ready to make the road trip to GA.  We were on the road by 4:30, which was pretty good.  The trip was so long.  The girls did great though.  Thank heavens for DVD players!  I think we all breathed a sigh of relief when we saw the "Welcome to Georgia" sign.  We looked at the two houses we were considering and chose the smaller of the too.  We liked the layout of the house much better (It actually felt larger than the 4 bedroom) and the yard was much more kid friendly.  Strangely enough the girls preferred the 3 bedroom as well.  It probably had something to do with the fact that the current tenant had 2 dogs....  I don't think they understand that the dogs aren't coming with the house, but we'll let them find that out the hard way!  The house also has hardwood floors and tile throughout, so hooray for no carpet!  I'm not a huge carpet fan.  Right now we're still in a hotel.  We'll move in Friday morning, which will be great.  Then we'll be busy getting M registered for preschool, finding doctors, and finding work for Mr. N.  We'll be busy people for sure!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Holy cow! That dog looks JUST like our Pocket! What kind of dog is it??

That's great that you guys settled on a house! It'll be hectic but fun to "set up house" again!

Mrs. S said...

Khloe is a Whippet, Chihuahua, terrier mix. Her mom was a whippet. She's a pretty good dog...though she got pretty tired of M constantly loving on her!

Randi said...

good luck with everything!

Marisa Jean said...

Sounds like a beautiful house! I'm excited to see pictures of the inside! Good luck getting settled.

Where are you From???