Monday, December 20, 2010

The Year of the Tiger

I was born the year of the Rooster. Mr. N was born the year of the Dog (so fitting if you know him). M was born the year of the Boar. L was born the year of the Rat. 2010 has been the year of the Tiger...and in our house it has not been the year of the Blogger for sure. I've suffered from a serious lack of having a desier to blog. I've even done a terrible job of taking pictures of my children, especially in the last bit of the year. I suck. There's no other way to put it.

But that aside, 2010 has been a pretty good year.  In some ways it has been one of the most challenging years for me.  Those challenges have probably lead to my lack of blogging.  For some reason this year I've felt myself grow a lot more private.  I use to feel great relief from putting all my thoughts and feelings down into type for others to read and share, but that switched off like a light this year.  Weird.  Maybe it's part of getting older?  Who knows.

Our girls have grown so much this year.  It has been so fun especially to have conversations with M and the things going on in her life.  She tells the funnest stories and draws the most amusing conclusions from her surroundings.  She is such a social butterfly.  L has also developed so much.  She is a pro at puzzles (it is truly amazing at them) and loves to read books.  I also love to see the girls pretend play together.  They really are good friends.  They fight a lot, sure, but they get along well too.  Its nice too that their interest levels are the same as well.  Also, they've recently taken to sleeping in the same bed.  It's so adorable.  Mr. N and I love it.



Mr. N's education in NYC has come to a close as well.  He stopped last month and is now working.  We've been accepted to a Medical Illustration (or Biomedical Communications) Master's in Dallas (UT Southwestern).  We're also applying to Georgia and Johns Hopkins.  In 3 to 6 months we'll have a new home.  It's a really exciting and scary thought at the same time.  I can honestly say I have gained an appreciation for NJ.  I've never liked this state, but finally I can say I do appreciate it and in some ways will really miss living here (like the amazing produce you can get here!).

Well, If I don't manage to blog again this year, Merry Christmas.  I am so excited this year for Christmas and to see our girls faces on Christmas morning!  Christmas is a magical time.  I love it.







2 comments:

Wendy Lady said...

So nice to hear the updates on the family. The girls are getting so big. Sad for us that the schools you are looking at aren't further west. I can't wait to hear where you'll end up.

Marisa Jean said...

I had no idea he was thinking of going into Medical Illustration. How neat! You'll have to keep us updated!

Where are you From???