Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look at Us!



I love fathers. There is nothing like a father. Nothing can replace a father. I love watching Mr. N with his daughters. He is such a good daddy. He's the one who usually undertakes projects like painting with them. I know it's easily something I could do with them, but I usually let Mr. N do the painting. He's the artist, after all! I undertake projects like coloring with crayons...things that aren't so messy. That tends to keep my blood pressure down.




We played this fishing game the other night too. The girls were so cute trying to catch the fish. L was so funny too because she'd try to catch the fish with the fishing pole and then give up and snatch them with her hand. They both had us laughing. Then at one point I guess one of the fish 'bit' L's finger and she was so bent out of shape over the whole experience. I tell you having children can be very entertaining!



Here's Mr. N with a pretend mustache. He came up to me in the bedroom and said, "So what do you think???" I just looked at him like, what? (I think he was a little offended that I didn't notice right away...). He had me take a picture so he could see what he looked like (because apparently pictures are different than mirrors!). He shaved it off the next morning, but it was funny to see. Since he had me take a photo to document the occasion, I figure I'll share it with the rest of the world!



This is M with her "babies". I think she calls them "babies" because of Ice Age 3 and Sid with the dinosaur eggs. She's so funny about them, and very protective of them! She has a fit whenever L touches one of her "babies".



And here's my face. I had this picture taken this morning by my mom. Granted I didn't have makeup on...but oh well. My first reaction in seeing the picture was actually that I looked old! I'm not afraid of aging, but it's still weird to see a picture of myself and think I look a lot older than I feel. Aside from that, the blaringly red burn on my face was obvious. It looks a lot better and worse than it did when it first happened. Obviously a lot of the swelling as gone down and the blistering right on my eye lid has gone mostly away, but the blister on my cheek is really red! That area is still pretty swollen too. You can really see it if you look up at my face, like if you were trying to see up my nose of something. Then you see the stark difference in swelling on the too sides. My lips are a lot better too now. They still feel raw, but better than blistered. I guess if you look really close you can see the discoloration there. I wonder a lot what people think when they see me, but mostly I don't care. It's there and that's that. I'm actually surprised that I'm not really upset over having a burn on my face, but there's not much I can do about it. I did buy some scar cream today at walmart though, so hopefully it won't scar. It better not, the scar cream (I think it's called Mederma) cost almost $20!

Oh the cost of beauty...

3 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

NO fun! You poor thing! Also, it helps if you take Tylenol to help with the burning before you take off the ice. I know it's too late for that now, but for next time. And I so would've had my hubby doing the roast too, while I washed my face!

Marisa Jean said...

That burn looks like it hurts! Ouch! I love watching young dad's with their kids, too. So adorable!

Nilla said...

Actually, you look young to me in the picture! And you have really pretty eyes. Random comment, I know. Glad that you are healing up and that some of the blistering has gone down. And that no major damage was done (like to you eye!). I hope it all clears up nicely :).

Where are you From???