For the record I use to joke that I wanted that song...the title of this post...played at my funeral. I'm thinking not now...)
2009 is over. Really? How did that happen. I think that would be another illustration of the 'days feeling like weeks and the weeks feeling like days'. As a lady in our library story time said, when referring to how fast 2009 was passing, "I haven't even had time to grill myself a hot dog!" I couldn't help but burst out laughing to that one. Sometimes eastern women can be quite amusing.
I learned a lot in 2009, but am not sorry to see it pass. It means one more year of school down. One year closer to being done with school. That's a bonus! In 2009 I watched my my baby go from a crawling baby to a walking, talking toddler. In December she started using 2-word sentences. I think she's speaking a lot quicker than M did, but it's hard to remember exactly. She also sings the Sleeping Beauty song whenever she sees any Disney princess. She even broke into a loud song during the hustle and bustle of the airport when she saw some girls carry-on with the Princesses on it. This past year I also watched my 2-year-old mature more and more into a little child. I can't believe how much she talks. Some of her favorite expressions are "Oh dear," "Maybe not yet" (when she's not ready to do something), and "It's so beautiful." She loves to sing and dance. I love to watch her sing and dance. I Love to watch her and L play ring around the rosies. I love to watch them play with their daddy and see their faces when they see he's home. This year I learned more about being a wife and mother, and have learned that I truly want to embrace those roles...not just fill them. I made my first quilt. True it was a rag jean quilt, but I was so proud of myself. I learned that when I make a consistent effort of doing my scripture studies and prayer that I am better. Both as a mother and a wife. I'm beginning to see the difference consistent temple attendance makes as opposed to occasional temple attendance. It's not what I expected. I learned, under Mr. N's patient hand, to make pancakes! Mr. N's little brother tried to teach me a few years ago before just giving up and making them himself. I now can say that I can make pretty good pancakes, which is good because it's M's favorite breakfast.
This year my goal is to read the Old Testament. I'm almost through Genesis, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm dreading what's coming though... Some of those books can be quite hard to get through.
Oh, and I've learned this year that Pink Eye is extremely contagious. Needless to say almost everyone in the house has gotten it. Funny how a 2-year-old who doesn't really want to share anything will share germs. Hopefully we're over this hurdle!

7 comments:
Fiddler on the roof!
I hate pink eye! It is the worse! Hopefully that's all gone soon. Good call on the Old Testament. I think I should make that a goal too. Thanks for blogging! I love learning more about what goes on in your life :)
sweet post! and I think UP
up?
Movie: UP?
I love M's statement of "Maybe not yet." It is amazing (and classic) what kids come up with. And how they make you laugh with their simple phrases! "out of the mouths of babes"... true, true :).
Glad to see 2009 pass, too, although I have also learned a lot.
Post a Comment