Monday, December 9, 2013

Laws of the Universe


So the day of the baby blessing can be somewhat a stressful day.  Unfortunately we didn't have any family in town…just us.  Trying to get 3 little girls ready for church and looking nice (and matching…), hair brushed, teeth brushed, shoes on (yes…Louie was in crocs.  Not the best shoes but she was sporting a pretty bad blister from shoes she wore the day before so crocs were the best option…).  There was also the responsibility of getting the baby dressed in his little blessing outfit, brushing what little hair he has (though I don't know why I brush it…it just goes straight up in its own crazy mohawk way), socks on.  We were actually doing half way decent on time.  Everyone was fed, watered, and dressed.  I was even ready.  The baby was fed.  Mr. N was running around trying to get all his last minute ducks in a row for a lesson that was being taught in young mens.  We also had to make sure we had the camera, snacks, and some form of entertainment for Sacrament meeting.  Then there was putting the baby in his carseat, shooing the girls out to the car, remembering my Primary stuff for church, remembering the diaper bag with diapers for the baby and Louie.  Oh yeah, wipes too.  I hate it when I forget wipes.  The girls were loaded and Mr. N & I kept making trips alternately back to the car to get things we forgot.  It really is amazing we manage to get to church on time in general.  Finally we were in the car and going.  We were even going to be about 5 minutes early.


Then of course things took a quite unexpected turn.  Louie started yelling loudly about something, asking about her little brother.  Specifically asking where he was.  Covered up asleep in his carseat of course.  Then that little thought went into my head to really listen to her.  "Mom, where H?"  My stomach dropped as the sinking realization hit.  I turned around and saw his car seat base was sitting there empty.  I yelled, "N, We forgot the baby!!!"  "What!" (or something along those lines) was his response.  Now generally Mr. N needs a good amount of time to be prepared to take a turn in the car.  He just isn't a last minute turn kind of person.  Not in this instance.  He hit the brakes and veered off into the Target parking lot, did a U-turn and headed back home, all the while he and I were somewhat panicked as we explained how we thought the other had taken him out to the car.  Really it was more my fault than his.  I did have the carseat in hand (which he saw) but when I saw him come back inside I left it for him to carry because those carseats are so darn heavy and awkward.  I didn't verbalize that I was doing that though.  Anyways, by some miracle we hit every green light which made all the difference in the world.  We were back home in 5 minutes and little H man was asleep in his carseat right next to the front door (inside…not outside.  That would have been really bad…).  He was just the way we left him.  We were both kind of shaken, and it didn't help a ton that the girls were screaming in the car, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe we left H-!  We have to tell all our friends!!!"  To which I responded, "No!  You know girls we don't have to tell our friends everything.  Sometimes these things are better kept quiet…"  I know, here I am blogging about it.  So we got to church about 1 minute before it started.  It was like divine intervention that we again hit all the green lights, which almost never happens.  Luckily Louie noticed her brother's absence.  If it wasn't for her we would have gotten all the way to the church before noticing our huge oversight in making sure we had everything for church and the baby blessing.  Yeah, we had everything…except the baby.


This is our little Louie.  She really is the queen of dirty looks right now.  She doesn't like the camera (can you tell?).  Also, when she gets sent to time out (there's a lot of hitting and throwing of toys going on now too) she usually yells at me the whole time.  It's something like this: "NO Mommy!  Bad Girl Mommy!  Mommy, you MEAN!"  It's actually a bit entertaining.


Emmy is currently sporting a black eye thanks to being hit in the eye by a rock (thrown by Elle).  She also got her first top tooth knocked out (it was loose) by Elle as well.  That one wasn't Elle's fault though.  Emmy bit her foot & Elle reacted, which resulted in a lot of blood and a missing tooth.  Like 10 minutes after I took this picture of my battered child she sprained her ankle.  Nice.  We went for X-rays today.  She's not a huge fan of her ankle stabilizer and boot, but it is helping with the pain.


Elle is the one inflicting the harm.  :)  She's doing well in school and has taken a great interest in being Louie's friend (when they aren't fighting that is…)


Our 4 kiddos


Emmy is developing a fantastic attitude too.  In this picture above she got sent to her room for that attitude and was so mad she pulled all the blankets and pillows out and built a barricade so I couldn't see her.  


Little H man is getting chubby.  He's such a sweet baby.  


Dress up time!

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

Oh my gosh, I about did laughing at this story. Bwwwwaahahaha!!! Glad you are human. :)

Where are you From???