Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thoughts From a 2-Star Blogger

A picture Emmy painted of Dad with his daughters.
I googled our blog and found out we were given a 2-star rating.  I think they were being generous with that rating.  I really stink at blogging now.  The downward trend started about 3 years ago.  Some meet certain challenges and pour their hearts into their blogs.  Others retreat.  That is me.  Oh yeah...there's also that minor detail of me being a ton busier which influences my blogging frequency...or infrequency.

I love the Christmas season.  Despite the fact that I am in my 30s, I still think birthday's and Christmas are times of magic.  No matter what is going on in life, I always want life to slow down a little on birthdays and at Christmas time.  Especially at Christmas time.  I love the Christmas music.  I love drinking hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies.  I love the decorations.  I love the magic reflected in our daughters' eyes.  I love the anticipation.  Even when I know what I am getting or when I am not getting anything, I love the anticipation.

I am grateful for the approaching end of 2012 too.  This has been a very challenge year for our family, and though I don't believe a new year will bring an end to all our trials, there is something refreshing about the outlook of January.  Even if it's a year with a 13 in it.  I'm not superstitious.  I am so grateful for my wonderful husband who sometimes seems to bear the weight of the world, and still has time for his wife and children.  I am grateful to my husband for being sensitive to my needs and always trying to understand them...even when I am difficult to understand.  I am so grateful for our three daughters.  This year has truly taught me what a precious gift each of them is.  I am so grateful for the Lord for allowing us to be the parents of these beautiful girls.  I am grateful for the blessing of tithing.  We give back to the Lord that which is his.  We have been truly blessed.  I am grateful for our extended family.  Their support has meant the world to us.  I am grateful for our Savior who gave his life for us, that we may all return to live with our Father in Heaven again.  I am grateful that he can see my individual worth even when I struggle to see it.  I have never been a person brimming over with confidence.  I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation...that there is a plan and purpose to this life.  I am grateful that through the blessings of the temple families can be together forever.  My heart would never survive the loss of a loved one if I didn't know that there was a way we could be united eternally.

Well, there you have it.  Those are my 2-Star thoughts on the season.  I fully intend to not blog again for a month or so.  If I did I would be in danger of raising my rating...and that would be just wrong!  :)  Well, maybe I'll blog again some time soon.  We'll see.  There are always pictures to post after all...

4 comments:

Bea said...

well- in my eyes all your posts worth at least 4 stars:) The fact that you don't blog too often... well that is a different subject:) I love your posts and thank you for this one, i always loved your testimony. I miss you!!!

Marisa Jean said...

I wouldn't want to know what kind of a rating my blog would receive.

I don't think it matters what age you are, there are certain times of the year that just bring in feelings of love and magic.

And yes, 2012 has been an rough year at points. I'm thankful for a "new" beginning.

Nilla said...

Huh... I didn't know the internet world rated our blogs... Too funny!

Katherine Ronachert said...

Yes, can you find out what my rating is... as I don't know how to do this... I imagine mine's lower! :) So I'm really writing to let you know that m's face is hysterical in the picture on the right of your three girls... She looks like, "OK MOM! Get the picture already!" haha!

Where are you From???