Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September

Hi!  This is my blog and I totally stink at updating it.  Why you may ask.  No idea really.  I think I've gotten a bit boring.  And busy.  And I've started writing in my journal more often...which I consider a very good thing and kind of fills that "need to communicate" in a different, more private manner.  The particular journal I'm writing in I bought my last few weeks of my mission (for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...see here).  I have written in that journal here and there from the time I got home from my mission (June '04) until now.  I should really emphasize the "here and there" part of that last statement.  I wish I had been better about writing.  In that time period I got married, moved several times, talked about pregnancies, gave birth to babies (all girls if you haven't noticed!), recorded other births in the family, my thoughts, etc.  I just wish I'd done more of it.  Anyways, over 8 years later that journal is almost full.  I hope I can discipline myself to fill the next one more quickly.

I was talking about why I haven't blogged.  There's a lot to do during the day.  So, I find a lot is deciding how to spend my time.  Should I do the laundry, clean the kitchen (or insert any other part of the house there), relax and read, or crochet, surf the internet, work on Primary stuff, or blog.  Blogging has just fallen to the end of my priority list.

I should say also that we got a new computer.  It's really nice, but I'm having to learn Mac...and frankly iPhoto scares me.  It makes no sense.  Hence...no blogging!

September has blessedly brought a drop in the temperatures.  It is so nice so enjoy fresh air versus artificially cool, super expensive air.  I can't wait for our next electric bill.  The last 2 have been so high, so it will be nice to see the numbers go down.  Kind of like watching the numbers drop on the scale.  It's very satisfying.  Not that I've seen those numbers drop in a while...but it would be nice if they would!


Emmy lost her first tooth.  I got to do the honors and pull it out.  The other bottom tooth came out a week or two after the first.  It was kind of sad.  Her loosing her first baby tooth was like watching her take her first steps out of childhood into adulthood.  I want her to grow up...it is how its suppose to be.  It was just sad to witness my little girl get bigger in a very tangible way.  Silly, I know...

Getting ready to walk Emmy to school!

Emmy also started Kindergarten last month.  She is doing very well and enjoys it.  I think she would prefer to spend most of her time at home playing or with friends though.  She's quite the home-body.  I was amazed how in the first few weeks of school she learned all and surpassed what I had struggled to teach her this past summer.  I don't think teaching is my gift.  We would often end these attempts in complete frustration.  Now that she's getting the basics under her belt it's much easier and fun to work together and practice what she is learning.

I love this picture of Elle.  She's so excited it's almost scary!  :)
This was Elle's Ariel birthday cake.  I forgot to add it before...at least I think I did.  We did a buttercream transfer and it turned out pretty cute!

Elle started Pre-K.  That has gone very well.  She has the same teacher Emmy had last year so it was a very exciting and natural transition for Elle to step into her sister's shoes.  There's such a big difference between where Emmy started last year as an older sibling and where Elle's started.  Elle doesn't like to be left behind so has worked hard to try and keep up with what Emmy brings home to study.  She's done very well too.  I'm amazed at what these girls can do!



Louie got an owl cake.  I was at a complete loss as to what to do for her because she didn't have any particular interests.  We finally settled on an owl.  I feel like there were a lot of thins I could have done better with the cake, but all in all it went well.  Live and learn!

Louie is doing excellent.  She turned 1 at the end of August.  She is really a hilarious child.  There's no other way to put it.  I can't even really explain it.  She loves to laugh, and make people laugh.  Her facial expressions are hilarious as well.  Mr. N and I love to watch her teeter around and discover her world.  The world is fascinating to her.  There is such a purely innocent joy about her and the things she does and discovers.  She loves tooth brushes and baths.  If anyone is brushing their teeth Louie comes running in laughing excitedly and wanting to join in the fun.  Same with baths.  No matter where that child is in the house, if you turn the bath on she comes running!

As for Mr. N and I, we are doing well.  We have about 7 1/2 months left until he graduates, and yes I am counting every minute!  Probably not as anxiously as before because we are getting closer to our goal, but I am still looking forward to graduation.  Mr. N is very busy with school work.  In about the past 10 days he's pulled 3-4 all-nighters.  I'm getting use to sleeping alone, which is a bit sad, but with everything that needs to be done there's little time to worry about such things.  We just do what must be done and help each other out as best we can.  I am enjoying getting more things done while the older girls are at school.  I probably should get more done, but I like to spend a little "me" time...


Elle and Mom

Emmy took this picture of Elle climbing up the book shelf.  If that doesn't give a mom heart failure, what will!

Emmy reading to all her dogs for Grandma.

My girls!  They are getting so big!

Well, I'm going to attempt to insert photos here.  If you don't see any, it is because I failed or Louie woke up.

2 comments:

beapinkal said...

It's always fun to read about you and your cute family! Thank you for this cute post:)

I can't believe it how much your girls had been grown. I remember those days back in old Windfield... LOL I sure miss you! And you are looking great by the way!

Nilla said...

I enjoy reading your updates :). I am amazed at how big your girls have gotten! I mean, Elle was a baby still when you were here for the reunion. Seems unreal...

Where are you From???