Georgia is Hot! I knew that though. The truth is though, its less hot than it was last summer when I was in my third trimester of pregnancy. Oh deary...that was torture! I've dreaded this summer, but we were really blessed with a mild June. July has been REALLY hot, but still. June could have been worse so I'm not complaining. Well, I'm not complaining that much.
We are to the "less than a year" mark in Mr. N's program. Actually it would be less than 10 months mark! I am so unbelievably ready for the end. We have been students most of our 7 1/2 years of marriage and I'm ready to move on to consistency and establishment. I know there will be our fair share of challenges to come, among them will be learning to manage our incoming resources with all we need and want to do. Moderation is a good word. I think it can be an easy trap to move from being students and having very little money to play around with to having an income and letting the pendulum swing the other way in terms of spending. Debt is not a good companion. Fortunately I have a husband who is very good with finances and financial planning. He's much better than I am at this stuff, but he as taught me a lot over the years, and I'm grateful for that. Anyways, I'm boring you with financial discussions!
On to snot. We've seen a lot of that lately with little Louie. She cut her first tooth last Sunday and her little body has been working extra hard to get the other bottom tooth and two top teeth to break through within the same week (actually I checked and the other bottom tooth came through today!) The top ones aren't through yet, but they are very very close. We had a mild bug move through our house this week too. Both Emmy and Elle ended up sick the same day, though it was just a fever so all they wanted to do was sleep and rest. I feel a little guilty saying it was almost a nice break from the ordinary to not have as much chaos! The recovered fine, and poor Louie came down with the fever a few days later. It took her a little longer than her big sister's to get over it. We're all well again though, and fortunately mom and dad didn't come down with it. Nothing's worse than the mom getting sick in my opinion.
I've liked living in Georgia. Apart from the heat, I wouldn't mind calling it home. Oh, the bugs too. I can't say I'm a fan of them, but no place is perfect. We're in a good area around wonderful people and that is what is most important! We'll see where the next year takes us. We could stay, we could move. It's exciting and a bit daunting because we aren't determined to go any one place. We'll go where we find work and where we feel is right. And right now that could be a variety of places.
And now for some random pictures from when we went to the zoo a few weeks back...
Well Bea, thanks for inspiring me to update my blog in some way!

3 comments:
Thanks for updating it:)It's always fun to read about you and your cute family. I had a conversation with Bence the other day about our old place. We were looking at old pictures and there was one picture with a little girl. It wasn't M. (Emmy) but i got surprised when Bence asked if that girl was M. He told me he doesn't remember playing with her but he remembers her name:) good old times:)
oh and there is a mom (our age probably) in our ward, they just moved in a few months back... anyways, so she looks like you, well not extremely but enough that i had to ask her if she is related (sp) to you:) i sure miss you!!!!
The flamingo shot was a must! And I hear ya on the heat. Yuck! I don't miss that (and now I whine when we hit the 80s in Washington...).
I didn't realize you were that close to finishing the program. That's great news! And I am very familiar with going a little crazy after being a student and then finally having money. It's tough to keep it under control sometimes, but it sure feels good to have a little money burning a hold in your pocket some days, too.
By the way, any woman who could have a baby in the middle of summer has my sympathies...but especially where you live. That's insane.
Post a Comment