Baby gates exist for various reasons. To keep the baby out of the back rooms and under my watchful eye is one. Especially since our particular baby likes to chew on plugs, razors (that one wasn't fun for mom to discover), shoes, paper of all sorts, and any other non eatable semi dangerous item.
They also exist to keep big sisters from thundering down the hall during nap time.
They can also be a marginally dangerous "hurdle" to overcome.
Today I discovered Elle (see above picture) standing on this little stool preparing to go over the baby gate. Wisely she had prepared for her landing on the other side (see below).
As best as I can figure she was going to throw herself over the gate and attempt to land on her pillow...and then I guess do whatever it is she needed to do. As a mother I could see a number of potentially hazardous flaws in this plan...so I intervened. I must admit I was rather impressed with my middle daughter. Upon relating the story to my mother, she remarked that this was exactly the sort of thing I would have done as a child. Interesting.
I'll have to ponder that one a bit more!
:)

3 comments:
So cute! Don't you love how ingenious they can be? :)
too cute:) it's so funny how our kids gets stuff from our childhood:)
a brilliant child! :)
Post a Comment