Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Survival 101


Don't be deceived by the cuteness!  This little girl is giving me a run for my money!  It doesn't seem like 3 years is a really big gap, but I've seriously forgotten how busy these little babies are!  I don't remember Emmy and Elle giving me as much grief as this little on.  She is into EVERYTHING!  Forget her toys too...she has marginal interest in them.  She is obsessed with eating shoes.  Eeewe!  She wants to chew on the broom, dust pan, keys, paper, chair legs, anything in the dishwasher.  If it's connected with the floor in any way...she wants it in her mouth.  Actually she puts everything in her mouth.  I'm telling you this little lady is going to have the most AMAZING immune system!  I'm so terrified of her choking because every time I turn around she's chewing on something....and its hard to keep everything off the floor.  She's speedy too.  She gets from point A to B in no time.  I remember having a huge problem with Elle constantly wanting to eat dog food.  I think that was easier than this! 

Yesterday I had Louie on my bed getting her ready for bed.  She took off crawling and I wanted to see if she'd manifest any caution as she approached the edge of the bed.  (I was right there).  She was crawling at turbo speed (and not towards me) and just crawled right off the side of the bed.  I caught her.  Good grief child. 

She is also constantly being put in perilous situations by her "helpful" siblings.  Every now and again they decide to pick her up and put her on the couch and then walk away (despite the number of times they've been asked not to do this.  Every time she goes crashing down on her head.  I seriously hope this little lady survives her siblings...and herself for that matter!  We need the administering of angels in this house to protect our children from themselves and each other!


Emmy had just gotten home from a birthday party and was looking a bit worse for the wear in this photo!

Like a few weeks ago after watching UP I walked into the girls room and discovered Emmy about to take an enthusiastic leap off her bed holding 3 inflated balloons. She just couldn't wrap her head around the fact that the balloons wouldn't hold her up.   She was trying to explain to me how it would work in a slightly exasperated way.  Clearly mom didn't understand the logic and execution of the genius plan...
*Sigh*

In the photo above we were eating our Cinco de Mayo Pancakes for dinner.  Not a very Cinco de Mayo-ish dinner....but it was what the girls wanted so we thought it would be fun!
We will survive!

2 comments:

beapinkal said...

this is funny:) It seems like your little Louie is the same caracter as my little Nora. She LOVES things from the floor. She puts tiny stuff in to her mouth all the time. Legos, Lego weels, crayons, playdoh, whatever she can find. When she realize that her brothers are coloring with crayons she is there in no time and eating all the crayons:)

Marisa Jean said...

Yeah, hands full with that one. Busy little bee!

Where are you From???