Thursday, September 8, 2011

Have You Been That Tired?

They say that new parents are as dangerous on the road as drunk drivers.

I get that.

Sometimes I sit at a stoplight and just know that if I closed my eyes I would zonk out immediately and the car would probably coast into oncoming traffic.

The director of Mr. N's master's program was telling him that when he was a baby his dad was in the middle of his residency as a doctor.  Due to the demands of his residency program he was extremely tired...and that was coupled with the fact that there was a newborn baby in the house.  He said one night he (the baby) was crying and his mom reached over and woke her husband up to tell him it was his turn to get the baby.  A while later she woke up and heard the baby still crying.  Thinking her husband had fallen back to sleep after she first woke him instead of getting the baby, she reached over to wake him again only to discover he wasn't in bed.  She got up and found the baby still in bed crying, but her husband was no where to be seen.  When she walked out in the living room she found her husband...asleep in the rocking chair holding the cocker spaniel.

I think all parents know what its like to be that tired.


5 comments:

Eliza said...

Why yes, yes we do :) And thanks for the laugh!

beapinkal said...

if my baby wouldn't be next to me right now, sleeping ---i would lough out loud :) this is the funniest parenting story i have ever heard. You need to share this on fb:)

Marisa Jean said...

Bwahahahaha!!!

Sorry about the sleepless nights. Hopefully she'll sleep through the night quickly and you can get some needed rest. Wish I was nearby to take your girls for a couple of hours so you could take a nap. Hang in there!

Randi said...

ha ha that is too funny!

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the laugh!!

Where are you From???