Monday, July 5, 2010

Birthday Celebration


For the second year L's birthday party has fallen on the 4th of July weekend, which meant on Saturday we had a birthday party/BBQ with our family. It was a lot of fun. We had a lot of food...a lot of really good food. I love good food. My waist line doesn't...

L's cake turned out nice...but it was a pain in the neck. It was actually the 3rd cake I made. The first broke apart because I made a stupid mistake. With the second I was going to make a 3D bear cake, but as it turned out the pan was defective so it didn't turn out either. By that time I was in tears. So she got a basic 4-layer chocolate cake and we made butterflies out of the melting chocolates for the top. It ended up coming together quite nicely, though I was sure it would be a disaster. Everyone really enjoyed it. It's funny how loud children can be until cake and ice cream is served. Then it is totally silent!



I had fun with the frosting layers. I did pink, chocolate and blue layers to go along with the pink and blue butterflies.

Present! Always a hit.

Grandma E makes each of her grandchildren a Raggedy Ann/Andy doll for their 2nd birthday. L was thrilled with hers. She loved that it had her name on the back. It was by far her favorite gift and she has been sleeping with it every night. (I'll let her sleep with it for a little longer, then I'm putting it away because I want to make sure the dolls stay nice so the girls can show them to their grandchildren!).


Swimming!

This is M and Kristal. They are about 11 months apart in age and they play together so well. The guys started a volley game in the water and M and Kristal sat on the side and cheered them on. It was so dang cute!


L really doesn't swim in the pool. She mainly hangs out on the first couple stairs or in the kiddy pool. Fine my me!


Another favorite gift was from Aunt Diane. She got the girls dress-up clothes, and the girls have been in heaven ever since. Phrases like, "I'm beautiful!", "Your Highness", Let's Dance" and singing have been the norm around our house ever since!

L enjoying birthday cake after the party!

1 comment:

Taralou said...

Looks like a fun party! Happy Birthday!!! I really like the butterfly cake -- you did a great job! Love the layers!

Where are you From???