Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Elle Turns 5


Elle turned 5 at the end of June.  We decided to celebrate a little bit early so we could have her birthday at my parent's house since we were going to be up there for a week anyways.  That way she could have her party with some of her cousins there and swim in the pool.  It turned out to be a lot of fun...but then again parties are always fun!


About 2-3 weeks before her birthday Elle decided her favorite things in all the world were unicorns!  It kind of came out of nowhere, but she choose to have a unicorn cake.  This is the first year in a LONG time that I had to do the whole cake by myself.  Usually I have the help of my very talented and artistic husband, but since he had to work I braved the decorating alone.  It turned out pretty cute.  The unicorn itself was a buttercream transfer & Elle choose the colors.  


Here is Elle blowing out her candles with her little cousin.  Those two had a lot of fun together.


Eating cake


Presents!


It's hard to believe she is 5 now.  It just seems so old!  Elle will be starting Kindergarten this year too, which is crazy!  Two in elementary school!  Wow.  I'm starting to feel old!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That cake is awesome! Unicorns is what I would choose too. :) happy Birthday to Elle! Our kids are growing so fast. Maya turns 5 on Aug. 14th. She is thinking Minnie Mouse, I will see what I can do. ;)

Unknown said...

That cake is awesome! Unicorns is what I would choose too. :) happy Birthday to Elle! Our kids are growing so fast. Maya turns 5 on Aug. 14th. She is thinking Minnie Mouse, I will see what I can do. ;)

Marisa Jean said...

Always look forward to seeing those amazing cakes you make. This one did not disappoint. It's so cute!

Where are you From???